The Rocky Mountain District of Kiwanis International consists of 3,575 members serving in 112 clubs located in 18 divisions throughout the states of Colorado, Wyoming, and the panhandle of Nebraska.
The district was formed on September 25, 1918 as the Colorado District at Denver, Colorado. At that time there was only one club in existence – the Denver Club formed February 2, 1918. Wyoming was combined with Colorado to form the District of Colorado-Wyoming by action of the Executive Committee on November 27, 1920. The name of the district was changed once again from the Colorado-Wyoming District to the Rocky Mountain District on August 30, 1932.
The first ten clubs organized in the Rocky Mountain District were:
Denver, Colorado February 2, 1918
Pueblo, Colorado October 4, 1920
Colorado Springs, Colorado December 22, 1920
Manitou Springs, Colorado February 14, 1921
Casper, Wyoming May 1, 1921
Laramie, Wyoming November 10, 1921
Golden, Colorado December 7, 1921
Cheyenne, Wyoming January 27, 1922
Douglas, Wyoming February 8, 1922
Greeley, Colorado March 21, 1922